SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) Guidelines
To ensure that both your website and the Yellow Pages® (and White Pages®) websites rank well in search engine results, we request that you follow some search engine optimisation guidelines around the layout and structure of your website where SAPI is used.
Search-engine friendly pages
- Ensure that all links to yellowpages.com.au, whitepages.com.au and other Sensis® websites are standard HTML links, and that they do not contain the
- HTML link text should be descriptive, and preferably containing the business name (eg, more info on 'Phil's Plumbing at Yellow Pages®'). Avoid using links which say 'click here' or 'more info' as these are not useful for screen readers or search engines crawlers.
- Links to Sensis® websites should be as close to the top of the page as possible, and not buried deep within a site map. Further links should be placed within the body of pages rather than in the page template (ie, don't place links in part of your template that is repeated for every page on your website).
Original source of content
- We request that when providing links back to content on Yellow Pages® or White Pages®, that you link to the original version of the URL, ie, without referrer tracking or additional redirection to make the relationship as clear to search engines as possible.
- Ensure that there is a descriptive static text link back to Yellow Pages® from your website, and that the anchor text can be crawled.