Sensis Developer Centre - SAPI Developer Blog
UPDATE: Due to popular demand, we've extended the submission deadline to Aug 15!!
We're back with another SAPI challenge for July, and this time we've doubled the bounty!
We're asking developers, entrepreneurs and designers to mix, match and shake (but not stir!) any number of complimentary APIs with SAPI, to create a signature app that delights our taste-buds for any mobile platform (iOS, Android or Windows Phone).
The winning recipe will take home this months $5,000 SAPI Bounty prize.
ENTER NOW BY REGISTERING FOR YOUR BARTENDER KEY
(Be sure to use the phrase 'shaken not stirred' in your product description)
SO HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR APPS?
Try combining SAPI + Wikipedia + Facebook + Quora to help people source deep background information on businesses.
Or mix SAPI + Flickr + Vimeo + Soundcloud to create a new kind of audio visual business directory.
Stir up SAPI + Instagram + eBay + Yelp + Twitter + QuickFlix + Pinterest, with a dash of LinkedIn and a sprinkling of PayPal to create an app that does… well, what wouldn’t that app do?
There are over 6,000 publicly listed APIs available at API directory website Programmable Web and participants are encouraged to explore and use as many of them as possible.
- Entrants must first gain an API 'bartender' key by completing a SAPI key request via developers.sensis.com.au.
- When applying for a key, entrants must work the phrase “shaken not stirred” into their application description.
- Entrants who have been granted a bartender key must then create an app that integrates functionality from SAPI.
- Note that the term “app” means a mobile application built specifically for iOS, Android, or Windows Phone. Not a hosted web app viewable on a mobile device.
- App must be publicly available and downloadable from Google Play, Apple App Store, or Windows Phone Marketplace by finish date to be eligible to win. So if you are planning to submit to Apple for approval, be sure to give yourself enough time!
- Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
- 50% degree of difficulty: How many API's can you mix? How hard are the API's to integrate?
- 50% utility: How useful is the app? Would I use it every day?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competition begins at 9:00 am on Monday July 2, 2012 and finishes 9:00 AM on Wednesday August 15, 2012
- You do not have to be an Australian resident to take part in this competition.
- There are no limits to team size or weighting for or against the size of the team – it is the outcome that counts.
- Entrants must ensure that they comply with the Sensis API terms and conditions (available when completing the API key request).
- Apps must be submitted for judging by the due date of 9:00 AM on Wednesday August 15, 2012. The bounty due date may be extended at the discretion of the organisers and entrants will be notified via email.
- To submit an app for judging entrants must ensure their app is publicly available on the finish date and can be accessed by judges without charge.
- Judging will take place at Sensis on Wednesday August 15, 2012 at 222 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC, Australia and the judges’ decision is final.
- A bounty prize of $5,000(AUD) will be awarded to the winning team. The bounty will be given to the individual who registered for the bartender API key who will be responsible for distributing a share of the prize to anyone else on their development team.
- All communications including awarding of the prize and any changes to the due date will be done via the Sensis Developers Centre, Twitter @SensisAPI and via the registered email of the entrant. Please ensure you check these from time to time.
- Entrants agree to being included in Sensis’ promotional activities, at Sensis’ discretion. This may include disclosing the entrant’s name and app and information about the app.
- Sensis is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
If you can think it, mix it and make it, then you can be the next SAPI Bounty winner!
Any questions? Hit us up on Twitter @SensisAPI or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.