Sensis Developer Centre - SAPI Developer Blog
Yay! Its official.
We have finally moved out of Open Beta... but don't worry, we'll continue to support calls to the existing Open Beta API in parallel to a v1 API so there's no need to do anything until we move to v2 down the track.
What's so different I hear you ask? Well, the team has just finished an 18 month program of work that was designed to dramtically improve our core services and offer some new features and search enhancements including;
- Addition of 200,000 Points of Interest (POI) listings e.g. Public toilets, train strations etc.
- Ability to return POIs around a business e.g. The nearest car park or public toilet etc.
- Break-out of our White Pages listings from 600,000 up to 1.2 Million business and government listings (in addition to our 1.6 Million Yellow Pages listings)
- Configurable Auto-Suggest (aka One Search Suggest), handles What, Where or both simultaneously
- Single search box (aka One Search) handles What, Where or both simultaneously
- Search inside a polygon
- Dramatic improvements to the search algorithm for greater accuracy of retrieval
- Natural language, concept recognition, intent and other advanced search query handling capabilities
- Brand and Product search capability e.g. Gyoza in Victoria
- And a whole bunch more!
Thanks to all of you who have helped to shape this roadmap through your feedback and suggestions, we will continue to improve our service so please keep the feedback coming.
Over the next 12 months we'll be focussing on improving the quality, freshness and breadth of our content as well as continuing to evolve the API to deliver the best local listing search service to you, our publishers.
The Sensis API Team